Cancer Kids Fund
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is committed to supporting patients and families in our cancer and blood disorders program. Beyond providing the very best medical care, there are many services and amenities that provide extra care and comfort to kids and families in the midst of a cancer or blood disorders journey. These special services are made possible in large part through the Cancer Kids Fund. This fund is generously supported by community members, local businesses and benefit events hosted by or on behalf of Children’s. Here are some of the special ways that the Cancer Kids Fund may help make your family’s journey at Children’s a little easier.
The Cancer Kids Fund supports patients by…
- Ensuring specialists like nutritionists, psychologists and care coordinators are part of each child’s medical team
- Supporting complementary medical services like aromatherapy and massage therapy
- Arranging visits from special guests like the Zoomobile and the Science Museum of Minnesota and special celebrations like end-of-therapy parties
- Offering a variety of art supplies, toys and games for patients of all ages
The Cancer Kids Fund supports families by…
- Ensuring the services of chaplains, child life specialists, interpreters and social workers are readily available to all families
- Providing parking vouchers to help ease stress during visits
- Offering complimentary support services like our sibling play area and family resource center
- Supplying families with comforting in-room amenities during overnights
You can support Cancer Kids Fund
Consider making a gift today to support the Cancer Kids Fund, providing these services and more to ease the cancer and blood disorders journey for patients and their families.