Nephrology education materials and other resources
We know you may want to dig for more information, so we gathered these easy-to-digest materials and resources from pediatric organizations in Minnesota and beyond.
Patient and Family Education Materials If you need quick, clear info about a kids’ health topic, we have it all!
- Blood in the Urine (Hematuria)
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
- Henoch-Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
- Kidney Diseases in Childhood
- Kidney Stones
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Radionuclide cystogram (RNC)
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections and Related Conditions
- Renal scan or DMSA scan
- Renal Tubular Acidosis
- Renogram with Lasix®
- Renogram with Vasotec®
- Voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG) for boys
- Voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG) for girls
- When Your Child Has a Chronic Kidney Disease
All in the family
At Children’s, we don’t just devote time to treating the patient—we also look after the family. The cornerstone of our approach is family-centered care that benefits everyone. You’ll have an opportunity to routinely discuss medical options and next steps with the care team. In fact, family members are considered an integral part of the decision-making team, along with the physicians, nurses and other staff.
Given our family-at-the-forefront emphasis, we offer many patient and family resources, from child life specialists to interpreter services.