Whatever the emergency, we treat it with urgency
Whether you and your child come to us with a high fever or by ambulance after an accident, we’re ready to help. Take a minute to learn more about what we can do.
Services you can count on
Here are a few of the services our emergency department is known for:
- Round-the-clock care by pediatric emergency medicine physicians, surgeons and nurses to provide evaluation, stabilization, treatment and care
- Coordination with regional transport teams with access to emergency ambulance, helicopter and airplane services, including a helipad in Minneapolis
- Child-friendly suture program for cuts and wounds
- Pediatric sedation and anesthesiology
- Low-dose radiation protocols for tests such as CT scans
- 24-hour access to top pediatric specialists in fields like orthopedics, neurology, plastic surgery and ophthalmology
- Short stay area for short-term assessment, observation or stabilization.
- Pediatric and young adult extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for severe lung injury
- Child abuse and neglect consultation services with Midwest Children’s Resource Center
Common emergency conditions
Some illnesses and conditions we treat often include: