How to choose a pediatrician
You want the very best for your child and choosing a pediatrician is an important decision. There are pediatric doctors and nurse practitioners who have advanced training in treating children. Your pediatrician will partner with you to care for the health and well-being of your child for many years.
Many factors go in to choosing a pediatrician and Children’s Minnesota is here to help you through the process.
What to consider when choosing a pediatrician
- What is the doctor’s or nurse practitioner’s philosophy of care? Does it align with your values?
- Are the clinic locations convenient? (Are there options near home, work, or other important areas of your life?)
- Does the clinic offer conveniences that are important to you? (Hours, urgent care, same day or walk-in appointments, online access to electronic medical records, etc.)
- Does the clinic have an affiliation with a hospital or connect with a network of specialty care?
- Is the doctor, nurse practitioner and/or clinic considered “in network” for the health insurance that covers your child?
Find the right pediatrician for you
Find a pediatrician at a Children’s clinic near you.