The Children’s hospitals in St. Paul and Minneapolis were started, in large part, because of the efforts of two groups of women from those communities. These associations still raise money and awareness for Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota today.
Since 1958, women with a passion for helping children have volunteered countless hours and energy through The Children’s Association – Minneapolis. Today, the Association consists of more than 200 members and eight chapters.
In 2014, The Association raised $397,875 which brings the total amount raised since the Association’s inception in 1958, to over $11.9 million. The Association supports several aspects of the Minneapolis hospital including the Great Clips Family Resource Center, Star Studio, general pediatric clinic, pain and palliative care, the Great Clips Sibling Play Area, music therapy, child life and the non-clinical family needs fund.
Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) has been supporting Children’s for since its inception in 1933. They are in their 83rd year. CHA is a stand-alone 501c3 led by a board comprised of 31 Board members and 8 affiliates. There are 375 active members in 12 guilds.
In 2015 CHA’s total contribution to the hospital was over $818,425, including the final $200,000 payment on their $1 million pledge to the hospital’s capital campaign. CHA also has pledged $500,000 for St. Paul’s Healing Garden to be named the CHA Storyland Garden. In its 81 year history CHA has contributed over $20 million, making it the largest cumulative donor to Children’s.