A team approach to your care
At Children’s Minnesota, we believe your care is a partnership between you, your family and a wide variety of experts in cancer treatment, including physicians, nursing, psychology, social work and more. You’ll have support from dozens of specialists at Children’s as well as experts in young adult and adult medicine from Allina Health’s Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
Cancer and blood disorders doctors
Your medical care will be led by a board-certified doctor that specializes in cancer and blood disorders. This doctor and the entire team will work closely with you and your family to:
- Develop your treatment plan.
- Ensure you understand your treatments and medications.
- Recommend other specialists and professionals to help with your care.
The AYA cancer team includes:
- Doctors and Nurse Practitioners
- Erin Denne, RN
- Cassondra Howard, RN
- Caron Moore, RN
- Child Life
- Kristi Adams
- Jodi Betsinger
- Psychology: Nicole Englebert, LP, PhD
- Social Work
- AYA coordinator: Jacqueline Englund
Specialists and support services at Children’s
An extended team of experts will help care for your body, your emotional well being and even your family. These professionals are all trained to care for adolescents and young adults with cancer. For example, you might meet specialists in:
- Genetics and genomic medicine
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Registered dietitians and nutritionists
Access to specialists outside of Children’s
Through our partner, Allina Health at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, you’ll have access to professionals at:
We also have partners in fertility preservation at The Center for Reproductive Medicine.