We’re here to help you get answers
Our genetic counselors are available to help you determine whether a genetic consultation may be helpful. Children’s Physician Access is available 24/7 with a representative on the line throughout the call to assist with referrals, consultations and admissions and to provide general information.
Newborn screen referrals
We are dedicated to early diagnosis and treatment of conditions included in the Minnesota newborn screening panel. To help your patient families, we offer the following:
- Board certified metabolic specialists, who are always on call.
- Experienced dietitian available to work with families.
- Urgent, timely appointments for positive screens and expedited turn-around for laboratory tests
Rare disorders case review
We also offer rare disorder case reviews each month. To learn more about the program and application process, primary care and specialty providers may contact our rare disorders clinic through Children’s Physician Access.
Our promise to you
Everything we do is centered around patient care, by providing the highest level of care to our patients and their families. We will:
- Listen to our patients and their families.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, management and treatment for the medical problems present in patients (the ‘genomics principle’) when they feel well or when they are ill.
- Partner with clinicians to support patients beyond the clinic or hospital for ongoing medical care.
As our care partner, we promise you:
- Fast call backs to clinicians and families
- Coordinated appointments with other services (lab/radiology/other specialists)
- Physician calls connected right away with an on-call specialist (24/7) or an on-call genetic counselor (during business hours)
- Clinically appropriate and most cost effective genetic testing recommendations.
- Recommendations for follow-up care and supportive therapies and services