We’re here to help you get answers
Our genetic counselors are available to help you determine whether a genetic consultation may be helpful. Children’s Physician Access is available 24/7 with a representative on the line throughout the call to assist with referrals, consultations and admissions and to provide general information.
Call 612-343-2121 or 866-755-2121.
Newborn screen referrals
We are dedicated to early diagnosis and treatment of conditions included in the Minnesota newborn screening panel. To help your patient families, we offer the following:
- Board certified metabolic specialists, who are always on call.
- Experienced dietitian available to work with families.
- Urgent, timely appointments for positive screens and expedited turn-around for laboratory tests
Pharmacogenomic services are available to evaluate patients for pharmacogenomic testing, provide consultation and interpret test results. Patients will be seen in the clinic or via Virtual Care (telehealth) by a pharmacogenomics pharmacist and a genetic counselor. If you have a patient who would benefit from pharmacogenomic testing, they may be referred to the Genetics Clinic for evaluation. A genetics referral may be placed in the Cerner EHR using the “Clinic Referral Pharmacogenomics” order.
Pharmacogenomic testing should be considered for patients who have had a significant adverse drug reaction, failed therapy with two or more agents, are concomitantly receiving three or more medications or are planned to receive a high risk medication for which testing is indicated. If you have questions regarding pharmacogenomic testing contact David Gregornik, BS Pharm, PharmD or Courtney Paetznick, PharmD.
Our promise to you
Everything we do is centered around patient care, by providing the highest level of care to our patients and their families. We will:
- Listen to our patients and their families.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, management and treatment for the medical problems present in patients (the ‘genomics principle’) when they feel well or when they are ill.
- Partner with clinicians to support patients beyond the clinic or hospital for ongoing medical care.
As our care partner, we promise you:
- Fast call backs to clinicians and families
- Coordinated appointments with other services (lab/radiology/other specialists)
- Physician calls connected right away with an on-call specialist (24/7) or an on-call genetic counselor (during business hours)
- Clinically appropriate and most cost effective genetic testing recommendations.
- Recommendations for follow-up care and supportive therapies and services