24/7 referral, consult, admission and neonatal transport assistance.
Children’s Minnesota clinical social work services focus on the psychological and social impact of the health care needs on the family system. We assist patients and families with the physical, emotional and social issues and concerns that exist during a hospitalization. By providing information about health and illness (including grief and loss), we hope to encourage patients and families become active participants in their care.
Clinical social workers at Children’s Minnesota are masters-level educated clinicians (MSW) and most are clinically licensed (LICSW) by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
- Crisis intervention and mental health assessments
- Short-term counseling to patient and families to assist them with emotional and psychological distress
- Supportive counseling for patients and families as they adjust to a new diagnosis or chronic illness
- Comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments
- Addressing issues of family violence and abuse
- Grief, loss and bereavement care
- Advocacy for children and families at Children’s Minnesota and in the community
- Information and referral to hospital and community resources
- Financial counseling
- Consultation with the medical team to assure the strengths and needs of the patient and family are recognized
- Safety planning
Refer a Patient to Children's Minnesota
Specialists tagged by:
No results match your search criteria