Services we provide at our trauma center
At our Level I pediatric trauma center on the Minneapolis campus, we are able to provide the following to our patients:
- Pediatric-only trauma surgeons in-house 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The largest staff of board-eligible or board-certified pediatric emergency physicians and advanced practice providers in the state. Meet our trauma team.
- Availability of pediatric specialties such as orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology, internal medicine, critical care, and others
- Two trauma bays, a dedicated orthopedic room for fractures that features advanced X-ray capabilities, and a helipad.
- No needless pain program with child-friendly suturing, nitrous oxide for sedation, and more.
- The full capabilities of a hospital and health system dedicated to children to provide the best in stabilization, recovery and rehabilitation.
Trauma-related injuries treated
Children’s Minnesota offers continuous coverage by board-certified pediatric surgeons, pediatric intensivists, and pediatric emergency department physicians. Some of the most common traumas and injuries we treat include:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Bone injuries including breaks, fractures and sprains
- Head injuries and skull fractures
- Facial fractures
- Abdominal injuries (liver and spleen)
- Concerns for child abuse and neglect