Meet the team
Our team is the largest and most experienced in treating childhood injuries and acute illness in the region.
Available 24 hours a day
Children’s Minnesota’s trauma centers are staffed 24 hours a day by:
- Board-certified or board-eligible pediatric emergency physicians
- Advanced practice providers, nurse practitioners and emergency medical technicians with specialized education in pediatrics and emergency medicine
- Child life staff trained in child development to help children prepare for procedures, deal with anxiety and control pain
Plus, at our Level I pediatric trauma center in Minneapolis, we have:
- In-house pediatric trauma surgeons
- Pediatric critical care intensivists
- Pediatric emergency medicine physicians
Just a phone call away
We also have a wide variety of specialty physicians on-call to help 24 hours a day, if needed. These physicians have pediatric board-certification in neurosurgery, orthopedics, cardiothoracic surgery, ophthalmology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and many other specialties.