Your child is our focal point
The cleft and craniofacial center at Children’s Minnesota offers a full range of services for babies, children and teens with simple to complex cleft and craniofacial issues. But one thing is always the same: our commitment to excellence.
Some children are born with syndromes that include cleft and/or craniofacial issues. Other children may have conditions that affect their learning, behavior, hearing, endocrine system, immune system and speech or language.
We treat a full array of cleft and craniofacial conditions, including:
- Cleft lip, an opening in the upper lip
- Cleft palate, an opening between the mouth and nose
- Craniosynostosis, a premature fusion of the bones of an infant’s skull
- Facial asymmetry, features on a child’s face that are out of balance
- Oculoauriculovertebral (OAV) syndrome, a condition that affects the head, neck and spine
- Pierre Robin sequence, a condition that compromises the lower jaw and cleft palate
- Plagiocephaly, an abnormal head shape
- Submucous cleft palate, a type of cleft palate
- Torticollis, a neck deformity
- Treacher Collins syndrome, a condition that affects facial bones and tissues
- Velocardiofacial (VCF) syndrome, a condition that may include cleft palate, heart defects and distinct facial features/appearance
- Other conditions that impact craniofacial development
Joining forces for your child
At Children’s, our multidisciplinary team includes experts in pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery, dentistry and orthodontics, prosthodontics (replacing missing teeth or mouth or jaw parts), speech-language pathology, audiology, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat or ENT), facial plastic surgery, and child psychology and social work.
To provide each child with the expert care that their condition warrants, the cleft and craniofacial program provides multidisciplinary services including:
- Cleft Lip and Palate clinic
- Clinical feeding evaluations
- Comprehensive craniofacial clinic
- Plagiocephaly clinic
- Velocardiofacial (VCF) Syndrome clinic
- Prenatal/pre-adoption consultations
See ENT for additional information and clinic locations.