Family Advisory Council
The Family Advisory Council is a diverse group of families whose children have received care (inpatient or outpatient) at one of Children’s facilities. They work collaboratively with staff to promote and enhance patient- and family-centered care and to improve the family and patient experiences. Learn more about our expectations of members of the Family Advisory Council.
Are you a Children’s staff member interested in collaborating with patient-families? Would you like feedback on a project? Do you have an idea or topic you would like to share before the Family Advisory Council? If so, we would like to hear from you. Please complete this form and send it to email@example.com.
What The family advisory council does:
As part of our mission, the Family Advisory Council uses experiences, wisdom and diverse points of view to:
- Promote patient- and family-centered care
- Advise and advocate for children and their families
- Encourage positive changes to Children’s and the community.
The council enhances the quality of child and family care experiences by assisting in:
- Service and facility development, implementation and evaluation.
- Educational opportunities for staff, leadership, students, managers and all new employees.
- Management of recommendations and concerns expressed by parents, family members, parent associations and others.
- Policy review.