Conditions and services
The neonatology program at Children’s Minnesota has the advanced treatment your baby needs, whether they were diagnosed with a condition while in the womb or they need special care after birth. Our neonatal intensive care units are fully equipped to treat the littlest babies with the most critical needs.
Here is a small sampling of what we’re experts at treating
Brain and central nervous system
Hydrocephalus, Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, Intraventricular hemorrhage, Retinopathy of prematurity, Spina bifida
Breathing and lungs
Apnea of prematurity, Birth asphyxia, Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, Respiratory distress syndrome, Persistent pulmonary hypertension, Pneumonia
Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, Gastroschisis, Intestinal atresia, Necrotizing enterocolitis, Omphalocele
Infections (acquired during pregnancy, birth or early newborn period)
Group B Streptococcus, Listeriosis, Sepsis
Cardiac, Genetics, Hematologic, Kidney, Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, Skeletal
Services that set us apart
Our Kid Experts invest in technology and programs that offer babies and kids the best chance at a healthy future. We have:
Family-centered facility services
When it comes to fighting for a new life, we’re all in this together.
This is why we join forces with families and their own doctors to make amazing things possible. We do that through:
- Our rounding model, which brings our medical team together with parents to make sure every step we take is a group effort.
- Our family-centered approach, which enables parents to spend the night and provides a supervised play area for siblings.
- Child life specialists, music therapists and pet therapy.
- Financial counselors, interpreters and social workers.
- Sibling play areas and the in-house TV channel, Star Studio.
- Welcome and family services staff.
- Private rooms to give brand new humans the tranquility they need to thrive.